Programs & Partnerships
People's Community Clinic actively collaborates with leading health care providers, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government agencies to extend services and outreach to the greatest number of Austin area residents. Through these collaborations, the Clinic provides a model for addressing healthcare needs at the local level. By forming partnerships and strategic alliances within the community, health care is dignified, affordable, and accessible. The Clinic is involved in a number of collaborations and/or programs.
Our services include prenatal care, pediatrics, gynecology care and family planning, acute emergency care, and family practice/internal medicine disease management for adults with chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Many of our programs are unique, and designed to fill specific needs in the community.
- Center for Adolescent Health
- Chronic Disease Management Program
- East Austin Community Health Promoters Program (EACHPP)
- GOALS Program
- Integrated Behavioral Health Program
- 2007 Health Literacy Initiative
- Nutritional Behavioral Health Program
Partnerships for Community Outreach
People's Community Clinic provides services at American YouthWorks, Lifeworks Street Outreach Program, and Phoenix Academy. Our adolescent program also provides services offsite in conjunction with Manor and Austin Independent School Districts. PCC goes where primary care is most needed.
- Austin and Manor Independent School Districts
- Immunizations Program
- Indigent Care Collaboration
- Lifeworks Street Outreach Clinic
- Phoenix Academy
- RGK Downtown Center for Health (American Youth Works)
- Seton Healthcare Network
- St. David's Health Care System
- Tandem Project
Partnerships for Comprehensive Care
- Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin
- Austin Medical Education Program
- Liver Foundation of Central Texas
- Reach Out and Read
- St. David's Dental Van
- Planned Parenthood: The Clinic is a referral resource for Planned Parenthood patients requiring primary care medical treatment.
- South Austin Hospital: A South Austin Hospital registered diabetes educator collaborates with Clinic staff to provide monthly diabetes education classes at PCC in both English and Spanish