Statesman Capitol 10K, 2004-2006
People's Community Clinic has been the recipient of more than $500,000 in Sponsor proceeds from the 2004, 2005, and 2006 Austin American-Statesman Capitol 10,000.
Statesman Capitol 10K and Junior Dillo Moves Clinic Forward
The Austin American-Statesman's vote of confidence in the Clinic's strategic vision for improving the health of uninsured Central Texans has lead to unprecedented success and growth.
• Successful Capacity Campaign Raises $5.6 million between 2003 and 2005
• 2004 Renovation of the Clinic facility improves efficiency and dignity of care
• People's Community Clinic Awarded 2005 Ethics in Business Award
Capitol 10K Sponsorships totaling more than $500,000 in 2004, 2005, and 2006 propelled the People's Community Clinic from an operating budget of $4.5 million to $5.6 million.
• 2004 Operating Budget $4.9 million
• 2005 Operating Budget $5.2 million
• 2006 Operating Budget $5.6 million
This 14% increase in funding translates into a 20% increase in our ability to provide service to our patients.
• 2004 medical care visits 39,103
• 2005 medical care visits 43,370
• 2006 medical care visits 46,900 (projected)
Proceeds from the 2006 Capitol 10K and the Junior Dillo will provide:
• pre-natal care to 140 expectant mothers;
• immunizations for 1,600 patients;
• well child visits and pediatric care for 224 children and
• health education and health literacy for patients with diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Special thanks to:
Capitol 10K Producer Austin American-Statesman and Presenting Sponsor Guaranty Bank.
Thanks also to:
Austin Parks and Recreation Department
St. David's Healthcare Partnership
Honor Roll Sponsors
Austin Regional Clinic
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Texas
Lifeworks/Ben & Jerry's
Texas Gas Service
Thanks to the Junior Dillo sponsors:
Producer Austin American-Statesman and Presenting Sponsor Guaranty Bank
Gold Sponsors Covert Chevrolet and RunTex
Silver Sponsors Austin Rowing Club and Jason's Deli