For immediate release
PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CLINIC CONTINUES TRADITION OF STRONG LEADERSHIP
Carl Stuart Named Chair of the Board
AUSTIN, TX – February 7, 2007 – People’s Community Clinic announces the election of its 2007 Board of Directors’ leadership. The Board will be chaired by Mr. Carl Stuart, owner of Carl Stuart Investment Advisor Inc. Mr. Stuart has served on the People’s Community Clinic Board since 2002, and was formerly the Board Development Committee Chair.
“I am proud to be elected Chair of the Board of People’s Community Clinic. The plight of the uninsured and under-insured in Central Texas is dire. PCC delivers high quality medical care with respect and dignity to over 11,000 individuals who call the clinic their medical home. While our national health care crisis is daunting, PCC is a model of how we can effectively tackle this historic challenge,” said Carl Stuart, PCC Board Chairman. “It is an honor to be surrounded by a strong and committed Board of Directors who bring a wide and deep range of personal and professional experience.”
The 2007 Board Committees Chairs are as follows:
• Charles Mullins, M.D., former Executive Vice Chancellor of The University of Texas System, will chair the Health Services Committee.
• Mr. Phil Dial, a Principal with Rudd and Wisdom Inc., will chair the Finance Committee.
• Frank Bash, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Astronomy at the University of Texas at Austin and recently retired as Director of the McDonald Observatory, will chair the Development Committee.
• Ms. Mary Goering, Associate Vice President of Human Resources for the Austin Regional Clinic, will chair the Human Resources Committee.
• Ms. Tricia Traeger, former Director of Corporate Communications for Motion Computing and a new Board member, will chair the Communications Committee. Ms. Traeger also worked in management and communications positions at Dell Inc., Compaq Inc., and Xerox Corporation.
• Nona Niland, M.D., physician, co-founder and former vice president of Pharmaco, and president of the Niland Foundation, will chair the Board Development Committee.
Along with Ms. Traeger, the following people joined the Board in 2006: Ms. Deborah Hiser, J.D., Brown McCarroll, L.L.P.; Mr. Jack McDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Perficient, Inc; The Reverend Greg Rickel, St. James’ Episcopal Church and Mr. Dick Moeller, Chief Executive Officer of the St. David’s Community Health Foundation, who serves in an ex officio capacity.
About People's Community Clinic
People’s Community Clinic offers comprehensive, community-wide health care services that include family planning; prenatal care; pediatrics; adolescent medicine and adult medical care; as well as health education, prevention and social services. Founded in 1970, the Clinic is among the oldest and most successful independent clinics in the country providing high quality health care to thousands of uninsured and medically underserved children and adults each year.
For more information
MEDIA CONTACT: Alicia Quinn Sankar
Fleishman-Hillard Austin(on behalf of People’s Community Clinic)
2909 North IH-35
Austin, TX 78722-2304